This week: A few reminders from Julia, BFA swipe cards, technique class updates, and professional opportunities.
BFA STUDENT SWIPE CARDS
All BFA Dance students should currently have their swipe cards authorized for entrance into the Loree Dance Studio.
Please test your card at your earliest convenience. If it is not working, e-mail Jacqueline at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Please note that use of Loree for rehearsal must still go through Jacqueline. Please close all doors behind you securely when using Loree.
THIS WEEK IN TECHNIQUE
Wednesday September 11th – Dance Assembly
Assembly agenda for Wednesday September 11th 12:35-1:55
- Representative from RU CAPS (Counseling, ADAP & Psychiatric Services)
- Nutrition for Dancers with Peggy Policastro, certified dietician
Studio 110 – Nutrition for Dancers – juniors and seniors 12:35-1:15 – freshman and sophomores 1:15-1:55
Studio 111 – CAPS Counselors – freshman and sophomores 12:35-1:15 – juniors and seniors 1:15-1:55
Thursday September 12th – Mortensen Hall Dedication
PLEASE NOTE: We do not have access to studio 112 during the hours of 8am and 3pm on November 12
- Both sections of ballet 4 will combine class in studio 111.
- No changes to ballet 6
Modern/Contemporary Technique: 45 minute warm-up from 10-10:45. Students are combined in three classes:
- Kim – Studio 110 – All technique A & B
- Laura – Studio 111 – Tech C plus half of D
- Manuel – Loree – Tech E plus half of D
Technique D: please look on the board to see to which studio you are assigned.
- All students are invited to the dedication and the reception at 11:00am.
OTHER CLASS CHANGES
- Please inquire with your instructors as you will not have studio space.
- Use studio 110 from 12-2, studio 111 from 12-3:30 and Loree from 12-2
Introduction to Dance
- Will meet in Walters hall 240 (upstairs above the costume and prop shops)
Class and Conversation with Dorothy Wasserman: September 28; 2-4 pm
Saturday, September 28 from 2-4 pm, for $20, at the Community Education Center, 3500 Lancaster Avenue, Philadelphia, PA.
The master teacher for this class will be the fantastically accomplished Dorothy Wasserman, the creator of the Dorothy Shim Sham, (otherwise known as the “Funky Shim Sham”), and a major part of the tap dance resurgence in New York in the 1970s. Dorothy is now a resident of Northern New Jersey where she continues to teach and set choreography. She recently published a DVD of archival footage she collected over many years of working with great masters like Honi Coles, Buster Brown and more.
To reserve a space: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for additional information.
Open Nutcracker Auditions
Lustig Dance Theatre is holding OPEN Auditions for Graham Lustig’s World Premiere of ‘A Jazzy Nutcracker’ on September 22nd. LDT’s Dance and Wellness Studio is located at 80 Albany Street, 2nd Floor, New Brunswick, NJ 08901.