Dancewave seeks a Development Intern to assist the Director of Development and Development Assistant in the execution of fundraising activities for the organization. This paid internship offers an excellent opportunity to gain real, hands on experience in non-profit development, and arts administration. Skills cultivated under the guidance of the Dancewave directors during this internship will assist the aspiring arts administrator in future professional pursuits.
• Assist Dir. Of Dev. and Dev. Assist. with quarterly board meetings (research potential venues, organize meeting materials)
• Coordinate and draft foundation, corporate and government grant proposals as directed
• Research and track new foundation funding opportunities
• Support Dir. Of Dev., and Development Asst. in launching a capital campaign
• Create new cultivation materials for potential donors
• Track incoming donations and mail acknowledgment letters
• Assist with major donor cultivation events
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Highly detail oriented
• Positive and professional demeanor, flexible, can-do attitude
• Interest in Dancewave’s mission and commitment to serving youth
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Some grant writing experience and familiarity with funder research resources (preferred, not required)
5 month commitment (January-May) with minimum of 20 hours per week. Monthly stipend available.
To Apply: Please email resume, cover letter and two-page writing sample to email@example.com, with subject title “Development Internship”.
Dancewave transforms the lives of New York City youth through unique exposure to world-class, pre-professional performing arts training. Dancewave’s programs include: DANCE TRAINING (The School at Dancewave, Summer Dance Intensive); ARTS IN EDUCATION (D-Wave in Motion, Public School Master Class Tour), PRE-PROFESSIONAL COMPANIES (Dancewave Company (DC), DC II, DC III, Young Movers Ensemble) and COMMUNITY PERFORMANCE (Kids Cafe Festival, Spring Celebration.) For more information, please visit www.dancewave.org.