Spring Rotation 2018
BFA SENIOR DRESS REHEARSAL SCHEDULE
TICKETS FOR UPCOMING CONCERTS!
CHOOSE YOUR TICKETS: Please choose your ticket date/time for the BFA Senior Dance Concert and for DancePlus by Monday, April 9 @ 11:59pm. Login to your Dance Assembly course page in
Canvas for all details.
Email Barbara.Angeline10@gmail.com if you have questions.
NEW TICKET POLICIES FOR STUDENTS, PERFORMERS AND CHOREOGRAPHERS
BFA Choreographers – Ticket Policies
Due to changes in theater operations, only crew will be permitted in the booth during performances. Student choreographers wishing to view their piece must do so from the VJM house and must use a ticket option below to attend a dance concert:
- All dance majors are provided one ticket per PRODUCTION (distributed by the department).
- All dance majors may acquire one additional ticket as a student choreographer per PRODUCTION (distributed at the Box Office)
- Additional tickets may be purchased at the Box Office.
- If you plan to give any of your tickets to a friend or family member, you must give it to them prior to the day of the performance or bring it to the Box Office at least a day in advance where staff will put it in an envelope with the name of your audience member. The ticket will be available for your guests to pick up at Will Call window at the performance. Family, friends and guests will not be permitted to pick up their tickets at the green room door as this causes security issues as well as unnecessary stress and confusion for late-arriving guests.
- Rush tickets – Choreographers who are performing in the first half of the concert may obtain a ticket from the house manager at intermission to view the second half of the concert if they are: not dancing in the second half, have changed into street clothing and seats are available. You may not claim this ticket before intermission begins. All students performing in the second half, choreographers or other wise, must remain back stage, in costume and warm for the entirety of the performance. Note that a TV monitor also exists in the VJM Green Room to view your work while it is being performed on stage.
- Students will not be permitted in the house without a ticket. Students who are disrespectful or deceitful to front of house staff will receive a strike toward probation.
- Be pro-active and make your arrangements at the Box Office early
Mason Gross Dance Accompanists Spotlight
Mason Gross School of the Arts
Carl Orff, best known for his composition Carmina Burana, bases his opera on a Grimm Brothers’ fairy tale. The opera, performed in German with English supertitles, is a collaboration between the newly formed Hub City Opera and Dance, the Mason Gross Music and Dance departments, and the Mason Gross Extension Division’s Rutgers Children’s Choir. See it April 15 at Nicholas Music Center.
Jeff Friedman, Choreographer
Kiri Avelar, Co-Choreographer
Laurea de la Garza Noble
Kennyth de Oca Montes
Learn more here
SOMA CENTER PILATES SESSIONS
Dance BFA, BA, Minor, EDM and MFA students are invited to sign up for free Pilates Reformer small group sessions in the Dance Department Soma Center. Students can sign up for a once-a-week, hour-long session. Sessions are available Mondays 12:30-3:30pm and Tuesdays 2:30-5:30pm, and begin on Monday, January 29th. The sign-up sheet for the first half of Spring semester is posted outside the Soma Center, and sign-up is on a first-come basis. Reformer classes are a wonderful opportunity to supplement your dance training by increasing body awareness and core stability; improving posture and flexibility; and preventing injuries. It’s also an opportunity to deepen your Pilates practice if you’re considering doing the Polestar Teacher Training. So please take advantage of this opportunity if your schedule permits.
Flu Clinics for students
Click on the link below for more information on where to get your flu shot this year. Want to skip the line? Print and fill out the forms in this link and bring them with you to the vaccine clinic. Click here for more information
Have an ANNOUCEMENT OR SHOUT OUT?
WANT TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO A FELLOW STUDENT OR FACULTY MEMBER?
CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR ANNOUCEMENT HEARD!!