This Week: Music/Production and Rotation Schedule, Important Reminders, and Health & Wellness
Monday – Thursday Weekly Technique Rotation:
Friday Rotation: Starts Friday, September 14th
- Tuesday, September 11: Last day to DROP courses without a “W” (Withdraw) grade appearing on your transcript
- Wednesday, September 12: Last day to ADD courses
- Wednesday, September 12-Monday, October 29: Drop period WITH a “W” grade
- Monday, September 17: Last day to withdraw completely and receive a 100% refund
- Monday, November 26: Last day to withdraw from school – End of the 12th week
Message from Hollie:
ALL email communication with the Sports Medicine Doctor and the Athletic Trainer must be made through the Rutgers Student Health Portal. Student can visit: Rutgers Student Health Portal and log in using their Rutgers NetID and Password. Secure messages are more secure than email, so your confidentiality is protected! DO NOT send any medical information to the Athletic Trainer or the Sports Medicine Doctor via standard email.
BFA and BA majors are invited to sign up for free Pilates Reformer small group sessions in the Dance Department Soma Center. Students can sign up for a once-a-week, hour-long session. Sessions are available Tuesdays and Wednesdays 4-7pm, and begin on Tuesday, Sept. 11th. The sign-up sheet for the first half of Fall semester is posted outside the Soma Center, and sign-up is on a first-come basis. Reformer classes are a wonderful opportunity to supplement your dance training, so please take advantage of this opportunity if your schedule permits.
All students, please check your schedules online to confirm that you’re registered for the correct classes. Students can check their schedule via:
- Only officially declare dance majors may be cast in dances created for department courses and productions, with the exception of guest artists appearing in faculty choreography.
- DancePlus – A student cannot be cast in more than two dances any given production.
- University DanceWorks – Company members may only be cast in one work to be performed in the fall; faculty, guest artist concert if the additional work is student choreography. ONLY open to Juniors and Seniors
- BFA Senior Concert & Spring Dance Concert :
- First and Second-Year BFA Students: May perform in a total of five student works over the year; no more than three works for any one concert.
- Third and Fourth-Year BFA Students: May perform in a total of six student works over the year; no more than 50% of your casting may be Junior or Senior BFAs.
- For example: In a piece of 10 dancers, only 5 of those dancers may be Juniors and Seniors.
- All BFA Students will be allowed to be an understudy for one piece in the BFA Spring Concert, and one piece in the BFA Senior Concert, in addition to the performance restrictions above.
- NDEO Student Chapter
Required for BFA Majors; Dance Graduate Students, BAs & Dance Minors encouraged to attend!
- First year: Alexander Silvis
- Sophomore: Jessica Michal
- Junior: Rebecca Pavelko
- Senior: Karolina Holmstrom
Please share ideas and concerns directly with your student representatives so they can best serve you when attending department meetings throughout the year.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Flu Clinics for Faculty and Staff
Free Flu Vaccine: Beginning October 2, faculty and staff can receive a free flu vaccine at various university locations by presenting a valid Rutgers ID. Visit the Occupational Health Department’s website for dates, locations, and other related information. Faculty and staff are encouraged to complete the consent form and bring it to the clinic. Legacy UMDNJ staff will be given their form at the clinics.
When going to get your flu shot at a Rutgers University Flu Vaccine Clinic, please bring a copy of:
1. The Vaccination Information Sheet (VIS) available at:http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/flu.pdf
2. A completed consent for vaccination form available at: http://occhealth.rutgers.edu/FluConsent2016-2017.html
.Rutgers Recreation Centers
Rutgers Massage Therapy and Spa Services: http://recreation.rutgers.edu/fitness-wellness/spa/
The Rutgers Recreation Centers offer really great fitness classes including Zumba, Spinning, Body Pump, Insanity, RUFIT, Pilates, Yoga, and Meditation! In past years the classes require a Flex Pass that cost $45 dollars. Now the pass is FREE! All are welcome to take these classes as long as they arrive on time with their Rutgers ID. For faculty and staff there is still a $45 fee.
Have an announcement?
Students, accompanists, faculty, staff…share your announcements, news and shout outs here for inclusion in a future Weekly Newsletter:
All submissions are reviewed by and at the discretion of the newsletter editor.