Health & Wellness
If you are interested in applying for the Polestar Pilates Reformer Teacher Training, please click on the link below or contact Frederick Curry for more information!
Commencement Ceremonies: Save the Dates!
Rites of Passage Ceremony in Honor of Black & Latinx Graduates: TBD – Hosted by the Paul Robeson Cultural Center (Typically on a Wednesday from 3pm -5pm)
Rutgers Business School – Undergraduate NB: Thursday, May 16th from 10:30am-12:30pm at the RAC
Mason Gross School of the Arts: Thursday, May 16th from 2:30pm – 4:30pm at the State Theatre
School of Communication and Information: Thursday, May 16th from 3pm – 5pm at the RAC
Douglass Residential College: Saturday, May 18th from 10am – 12pm at Antilles Field (Rain Location: College Ave Gym)
University Commencement: Sunday, May 19th from 10am – 11:30am at HighPoint Stadium – Online parking registration opens on March 25th
School of Arts & Sciences: Sunday, May 19th after the Commencement at HighPoint Stadium
School of Environmental & Biological Sciences: Monday, May 20th from 10am -12pm at Passion Puddle (Rain location: RAC)
Graduate School of Education: Monday, May 20th from 4:30pm – 6pm at the College Ave Gym
*Undergraduate students who anticipate completing January 2019 degree requirements must apply for graduation by submitting the following Online Diploma Application For questions regarding diploma applications, please contact the Undergraduate Registrar’s Office at 848-445-2757 and ask for Monica Licourt or Michael Rusen or email email@example.com Please not that the completion of a diploma application does not imply that graduation requirements have been met.*
FIRST DAY OF FINALS: Friday, December 14th
LAST DAY OF FINALS: Friday, December 21st
Places to study before and during finals:
- Library hours:
- Late night hours: Your RUID is required for late night access.
- Alexander is open 24hrs Sunday – Thursday
- Douglass, Carr (Livingston), and LSM (Busch) are open until 2am Sunday – Thursday
- Late night hours: Your RUID is required for late night access.
- Computer Lab Hours:
- Open 24 hours, Monday – Friday December 2nd – December 14th: BEST, Rutgers Academic Building, Loree, Tillett
Rutgers Today – A Finals Survival Guide
Five tips for staying coll, calm and collected while preparing for final papers, projects & exams
Create a study plan
- Figure our what study aids work best for you and plan accordingly. Not sure where to start? Visit a Learning Center. With several locations on campus, the Learning Centers offer a number of different support services that can help you stay prepared for your next big test.
Organize your time and set a routine
- Once you figure out what tools you are going to use to help you study, it is important to organize your time to study efficiently and maximize your efforts.
Take breaks and get enough sleep
- Catching up on sleep is essential. Be strategic with a sleep-wake schedule and sleep as much as you can. If you have to stay up to study, stay up on the first half of your nigh, sleep the second half (early morning, 3am – 6am) to ensure enough dream (REM) sleep. Long-term memory is made during dream sleep” – Xue Ming, Professor of Neuroscience and Neurology (Rutgers NJ Medical School)
Don’t study on an empty stomach and stay hydrated
- “Eating plenty of fruits including berries can be helpful for improving your memory. Drink water, not sugar-sweetened beverages like regular soda, juice drinks and sports drinks that are loaded with sugar”. – Karen M. Ensle, a Family & Community Health Sciences Education (Rutgers Cooperative Extensions of Union County)
- “Distractions divide your attention between studying and something else, so you remember much less of what you study later on”. – Arnold Glass, Professor of Psychology (SAS)
To read the full article, visit Rutgers Today
Hall Recess Information
Certain residence halls on the Rutgers-New Brunswick campus close during university recess periods. Please check the list of respective halls that are closed. Halls not listed remain opened during the recess period.
Important Drop/Add Registration Dates:
- During the Spring 2019 pre-registration period (now till the first-day of class for the spring semester), MGSA students can register for a maximum of 20.0 credits. After the first day of class, MGSA students may register for a maximum of 24.0 credits.
Rutgers Office of Financial Aid
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) is now available
- File before the January 15, 2019 deadline to ensure that you are considered for all available aid.
You: I want to explore a new country, visit one of the oldest cities in the world, see monumental sites, take cooking classes, learn about adopting a healthy lifestyle, and take part in nature sport activities!
How? Earn 3-6 credits over summer break, come join the Lifestyle Science Study Abroad – Summer 2019program!
All majors should check with their department for credit equivalency
Who can apply? Program open to all Rutgers majors, Non-Rutgers students, Undergraduate and Graduate students (Minimum GPA 2.5)
- May 17th – May 30th
- Lifestyles of the Mediterranean (3cr/$3,550*)
- Service Learning & Sustainable Lifestyle in Greece (3cr/$3,590*)
- June 22nd – July 5th
- Water Sports Physiology & Practice (3cr/$3,990*)
- July 9th – July 30th
- Exploring the Origins of the Mediterranean Diet in Crete Island (6cr/$4,940*)
Application deadline: February 15th, 2019
For further program and cost information, please visit the program webpage at kinesabroad.rutgers.edu
For any specific questions, please contact Saharish Javed, the Study Abroad Program Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to having you with us in Greece!
*Undergraduate/NJ Resident. Excludes airfare. Refer to program budget sheet on relevant program webpage for further info
Joffrey Ballet School
The Joffrey Ballet School in NYC is looking to fill the following positions for their multiple summer intensive locations:
- Head Resident Advisor (HRA)
- Resident Advisor (RA)
- Assistant Resident Advisor (ARA)
Summer program locations include:
- Athens, GA
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Dallas, TX
- Las Vegas, NV
- Los Angeles, CA
- Miami, FL
- New York City, NY
- San Francisco, CA
All positions are paid positions with room and board included. Additional compensation includes attending Broadway shows (NY) and other events for free; free dance classes; networking; and overseeing students from all around the world.
For job descriptions and more information, visit Joffrey Ballet School – Summer Employment
Dance Forward is a week long intensive (January 14th – January 18th, 2019) led by cutting-edge artists in contemporary modern dance.
$395 – Holiday discount
$445 – Regular registration rate
The intensive includes classes, workshops, and performances at 92Y. Housing is available upon request. For more information, visit Dance Forward: Winter Dance Intensive
Interested in being featured on our social media page? If so, please email Syde at email@example.com a few pictures and a brief bio or small paragraphs about why you choose Mason Gross Dance.
Announcements & Shout-outs!
Rutgers Learning Center
Dance New Jersey
To apply to Dance on the Lawn, visit Dance New Jersey
Dancing Wheels Company
Below is an audition notice for The Dancing Wheels Company’s 2019-2020 season. There is an immediate opening for a male dance and wheelchair dancer.
Please send your announcements and/or shout-outs to firstname.lastname@example.org