The first week of classes is always the most chaotic. Follow this checklist to make sure your year starts off AMAZING!
KNOW WHERE TO GO FOR PLACEMENTS & AUDITIONS
AUDITION NUMBER PICK UP FOR TUESDAY, SEPT. 3, NICHOLAS LOBBY
- Pick up numbers no earlier than 7:30AM
- These will be your numbers for the ENTIRE WEEK. DO NOT LOSE YOUR NUMBER
- BALLET PLACEMENT begins at 8:00AM
- ATTENTION BFA JUNIORS & SENIORSIn order to participate in collegiate dance classes, you must update your Medical History Form regarding any complaints that are new in the past 1-2 years or chronic issues that are still affecting you.Print and submit a hardcopy of the form (2 pages) to Syde Orange by Tuesday, September 3 at 8AM before Ballet.
If your form is NOT received by Tuesday, September 3 at 8am, students will not be cleared to dance.
DO NOW – View/Download Placement Schedules
ATTEND THE OPENING DANCE ASSEMBLY
WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 4, 12:35AM-1:55PM, STUDIO 110
- MEET THE DEAN OF STUDENTS
- WELCOME NEW AND RETURNING STUDENTS, FACULTY & STAFF
- PICK YOUR REPRESENTATIVES
REQUIRED FOR BFA MAJORS; DANCE GRADUATE STUDENTS, BAS & DANCE MINORS ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND!
DO NOW: Fill out the student information form
Information in this form is used in 3 ways:
- Performance program biographical information
- University reporting purposes
- Receive and sign for your 2019-2020 Student Handbook
Repertory Audition will take place on Friday, September 6th. ALL BFA students interested in auditioning for repertory are required to take warm up class.
10:30am – 11:30am
John Evans – Studio 110 – Mesia Austin – Accompanist
Blair Ritchie – Studio 111 – Greg Riss – Accompanist
12:30pm – 4:30pm
12:30-1:30pm Dawn Marie Bazemore, Guest
1:40-2:40pm Bennyroyce Royon, Guest Phil Strom, company member, conducting audition
2:50-4:00pm John Evans, Faculty
4:00-4:30pm Choreographers meet for casting
Student Works Audition
Palissimo Company at NBPAC
Palissimo Company at NBPAC, September 13 & 14, 7:30PM
The inaugural season of the Mason Gross Dance Department at the New Brunswick Performing Arts Center kicks off with Palissimo Company’s Custodians of Beauty.
An evening-length work that examines beauty and its intrinsic relationship with art through minimalist movement, sensuous abstraction, and potent stage imagery. Created by Bessie and Guggenheim award-winning artist Pavel Zuštiak, founder and artistic
director of Palissimo Company.
This performance will be the first BFA required performance. Ticket sign up and distribution will be announced very soon.
Fellow students, dance artists and guests, to purchase a ticket, use this link.
Speaking of NBPAC…
Congratulations to our students, Seniors – Nina Guevara, Kristina Kong, Sawyer Newsome, & Amelia Sagrabb and Junior- Jose Lapaz Rodriquez!
They will be performing Heaven on One’s Head at the gala opening on Wednesday, September 4th! Choreographed by Pam Tanowitz, this piece premiered at the Joyce Theater, New York City, February 2014.
Health & Wellness
How to make an appointment with Hollie
- Go to NB Student Health Portal
- Use your Net ID and password to log in. Your screen should look like this: 3. To schedule an appointment with Hollie, click on Messages (its the 6th icon between Required Forms and Education):
- Next, click on Compose New:
- Then in the drop down, scroll until you see Hollie Palmisano AT and select it. Next you can put the subject of your message in the subject area and type your message to Hollie in the message area. When finished click submit.
Block off dates for the fall Pilates Reformer classes at the Soma Center
BFA, BA majors and Dance minors, EdM & MFA grad. students are invited to sign up for free Pilates Reformer small group sessions in the Dance Department Soma Center. Students can sign up for a once-a-week, hour-long session. Sessions are available Mondays and Tuesdays 4-7 pm and begin on Monday, September 9th. The sign-up sheet for the first half of the Fall semester is posted outside the Soma Center, and sign-up is on a first-come basis.
Reformer classes are a wonderful opportunity to supplement your dance training with improved strength, core stability, alignment and flexibility, so please take advantage of this opportunity if your schedule permits. Weekly classes are also a great preparation for the Mason Gross Polestar Pilates Reformer Teacher Training on Saturdays in Spring 2020.
Have an Announcement?
For announcements, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org