Dance Department Announcements
First-Year Retention Meeting for BFA dancers will be on Tuesday, May 4th and Wednesday, May 5th – please check your emails for the Zoom link and when you are scheduled to attend.
Sophomore Retention Meeting for BFA dancers will be on Thursday, May 6th – please check your emails for the Zoom link and when you are scheduled to attend
200-hr Lila Flow Yoga Teacher Training
June 1st – June 30th, 2021
Daily 3 hr sessions in the morning and afternoon between the hours of 8am – 5pmI
nstructors: Blair Ritchie, E-RYT 500, Taryn Vander Hoop, MFA, E-RYT 500
Tuition: $2,500 before May 1 (50% deposit required) | $2,750 after
*Early Registration Deadline: May 1. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the program: email@example.com
APPLY HERE: https://forms.gle/CDeQdLaK87niS8258
Fall 2021 Polestar Pilates Mat Teacher Training
PRE-PILATES MAT 1:
September 11, 18 , 25; October 2
October 9, 16, 23, 30
November 6, 13, 20; December 4, 11
160 Total Required Hours
$2,750 (includes Online Polestar Principles of Movement course)
$2,500 (without Online Polestar Principles of Movement Course — only for students who have previously completed the Polestar Principles of Movement Course)
*Payment plans available
Saturdays 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Mason Gross School of the Arts
85 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ
Apply Here: https://forms.gle/foRJXAmuoVP2FUQt5
Mason Gross Dance has acquired an all-access pass to DanceNow Online, FREE to students! Scan the QR code and sign up to receive digital performance viewing and artist engagement opportunities to watch at your leisure or live. Use “DNRUTGERS21,” to receive this access for free.
Exclusive events available to you this Spring 2021…
- Nicole Wolcott – Choreographer, former Associate Artistic Director of Keigwin + Company
- Sydney Skybetter – Choreographer, founder of the Conference of Research on
- Choreographic Interfaces, and Lecturer at Brown University
- Megan Flynn – Choreographer, Assistant Professor of Dance at Muhlenberg College
- Christal Brown – Choreographer and CEO of Steps & Stages Coaching, Facilitation, and Consulting, Guest Lecturer at Yale University
NEW COVID Test Vending on Cook/Douglass
A COVID testing kit vending machine has been installed in Foran Hall on Cook. Students who live and access facilities on Cook/Douglass are encouraged to take advantage of this convenience when/if appropriate.
Simply use your student ID to gain access. https://turf.rutgers.edu/facilities/foran-hall.html
Visual Arts MFA student seeking collaboration with dancers for Fall 2021 performance
I am a performance maker, working with text, video and live-performance with ensembles. This summer, I am developing a site-specific performance for the Round House Building– a farm classroom/theater on Rutgers’ Cook Douglas Farm campus. The work will respond to the architecture of the building and the surrounding “teaching farm,” examining the relationship between human and non-human animals. Using a combination of movement and storytelling, I want to explore how animacy (agency, awareness, sentience, and liveness) is held, transmitted, and shared between bodies.
I work collaboratively, and am seeking two or three dancers who would be interested in developing this work with me. We would meet regularly over the summer, experimenting with text and movement, and then perform the piece (live or for video depending on COVID restrictions) at the Round House in Fall 2021.
Some influences for this piece include: Big Dance Theater, 14th century animal trials, viral TikTok videos, fables, and period piece melodrama.
I have a small budget to compensate performers. It’s not much, but I can also promise lots of snacks and my intention to provide a rich, thoughtful, and fun rehearsal process for all.
If you are interested please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org and I can send more information about my work, process, and rehearsal schedule and safety measures.
Virtual Open Hearing on the University’s Tuition, Fees, and Housing and Dining Charges for 2021–2022
All students and members of the University community are invited to attend the Virtual Open Hearing on the University’s Tuition, Fees, Housing and Dining Charges for 2021–2022 on Wednesday, April 28, 2021, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Visit the Open Hearing website for webinar information so that you can participate in the hearing. All prospective speakers must sign up individually with the Office of the Secretary of the University by sending an email to email@example.com or registering online before noon on Tuesday, April 27, 2021. Comments may also be submitted here until Friday, April 23, 2021. All comments are compiled and shared with the University administration and the Board of Governors. Your participation in this important discussion is encouraged.
Rutgers CAPS Workshop
Join a study to learn 3 coping skills to effectively manage emotions, thoughts, and behaviors and practice skills live on a mobile app. See flyer for details.
Your participation includes:
ü Completing a 30 minute survey
ü Learning 3 coping skills (offered through a single 90 minute workshop)
ü Responding to 4 prompts a day and 1 weekly survey on your phone within 4 to 8 weeks
To complete a brief eligibility screener visit: https://rutgers.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3Qv2ad1BS0QTT2l
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Before dropping any BFA core curriculum courses, please email Syde Orange*
Visit the Rutgers Learning Center website to learn more about the Academic Success Workshops offered this semester
- Requests to add, change, or cancel your meal plan for the Spring 2021 semester can now be made online. The last day to reduce or cancel your meal plan is Tuesday, February 2, 2021.
- Busch Dinning Hall
- Main Serving Area (enter through the main entrance)
- Weekdays 10am – 6pm
- Mobile Ordering
- Weekdays 10am – 6pm
- Takeout Area Only (entrance through dinner takeout)
- Weekends 11am – 6pm
- On Saturday and Sunday, only the dinner takeout entrance will be open. Please call 848.445.4253 with any questions.
- Main Serving Area (enter through the main entrance)
- Kilmer’s Market – Busch (near the Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy Building)
- Weekdays 9am – 8pm
- Weekends 10am – 6pm
- Cafe West – College Avenue (Located in the Rutgers Academic Building)
- Building Access
- Study areas at Alexander (College Ave), Library of Science and Medicine (Busch), and Carr (Livingston) are open to current Rutgers faculty/staff/students
- You’ll need to show Rutgers ID and register with security; visits are limited to 2 hours
- Occupancy is limited, mandated by state guidelines, and will be enforced by security personnel
- You must wear a mask and maintain social distancing. No eating or drinking is permitted.
- Any student, faculty, or staff who will be entering a Rutgers building is expected to obtain a Campus Pass available at my.rutgers.edu prior to entry
- The first hour of opening is reserved for at-risk individuals. Thank you for showing courtesy to others.
- Computing, Printing, Scanning
- OIT labs are open and offer printing and scanning
- Occupancy is limited, mandated by state guidelines, and will be enforced by OIT staff
- Poster printing is currently unavailable
Rutgers Campus & Community Newsletter
The Campus and Community newsletter features various different events and programs offered at Rutgers and in the surrounding area. Check out this months newsletter that has Featured Stories, Rutgers Resources, Community Resources, and Events AroundTown,
Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Accounting Services
For assistance with Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Accounting, please contact a Student Services Advisor using the following forms:
Students can call Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. by using the following numbers:
Financial Aid: 848-932-7057
Student Accounting: 848-932-2254
The myGuest Dashboard is now available. This dashboard allows students to give parents, guardians, and third parties access to view content and services related to their experience at the university, such as class schedules, financial aid awards, and their term bills. While the university is offering this service, access will not be granted without the student’s permission due to the protection of student rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Learn more and how to sign up an authorized user here