Dr. Philip Cohen, the Sports Medicine Physician at Hurtado Health Center has arranged for Mason Gross Dance Students to book special appointments at the Hurtado Health Center.
Here is how it works:
Dr. Cohen is reserving the following times for Mason Gross dancers:
Mondays between 3 – 4pm
Wednesdays between 2 – 3pm
Fridays between 3:30 – 4:30pm
If you want an appointment during these times,
YOU MUST EMAIL HOLLIE BEFORE 12pm at email@example.com
If these times do not work with your schedule,
Please call the Hurtado Health Center and inform the receptionist you are a MGSA dance student when making an appointment.
Hurtado Health Center Address:
11 Bishop Place
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Policy on Missed Medical Appointments
Students who miss appointments with Dr. Cohen and/or Hollie Palmisano are subject to being placed on artistic probation.
BFA Absence Policy-Therapy/Rehabilitation Sessions
(Updated Fall 2016)
- Excused absences will be offered to students who have therapy/rehabilitation sessions with Licensed Athletic Trainer, Hollie Palmisano, during daily morning ballet and/or modern technique classes. These sessions will be 30 minutes long and will be offered on an appointment ONLY basis.
- Students may not participate partially in a class during which they also have an appointment with Hollie. Students must either fully participate in the entire class or they observe the class and attend rehabilitation.
- Students, instructors, the Undergraduate Director, and the Administrative Assistant for Undergraduate Student Affairs will receive advance email notification of the scheduled appointments.
- Appointments MUST be made by contacting Hollie Palmisano at: firstname.lastname@example.org before 12:00pm the day before the students wishes to be seen.
- If the RHS doctor and the licensed athletic trainer determine further therapy /rehabilitation is required they will consult with the Undergraduate Director, Chair and/or Associate Chair on a case-by-case basis.
- Students are NOT to leave class to see Hollie unless they have an appointment. Appointments are to be made 24 hours in advance through email (see #4). First-aid kits are provided in all studios when necessary.