How to Maintain Your Jumps During Quarantine
Rutgers Counseling, ADAP, &
Psychiatric Services (CAPS)
Flu vaccination clinics will run throughout October 2020. All clinics will run from 1 – 6 pm. Students must make an appointment via the Patient Portal, nbstudenthealthportal.rutgers.edu. In the interest of practicing safe physical distancing, walk-ins cannot be accommodated. Students may also make an appointment for vaccination at Hurtado Health Center.
How to Prepare for the Flu Vaccination Clinic
Remember to bring your RUID and insurance card!
Read the Vaccination Information Sheet prior to their appointment.
Vaccinators will obtain verbal consent.
Fall 2020 Mental Health Virtual Offerings by Dr. Richard Carlson
1) confidential drop-in group sessions “CAPS Q&A”. Students can join, change their name, leave their screen blank and participate or not. Topics will include wellness, resilience, procrastination, low motivation, and more.
(2) “Let’s Talk” confidential drop-in consultations will continue. Additional Counselors and times can be found at health.rutgers.edu
(3) Group and Individual psychotherapy
(3) Tailored workshops/presentations on mental health
(4) Staff/Faculty workshops/presentation regarding identifying and responding to student mental health concerns and your own self-care in witnessing and responding to them.
Worried about a friend? If you are concerned, you can fill out an anonymous “Community Concerns Report“.
HOPE: Campus Connect Suicide Prevention Training
Tuesday, 12/8; 2:00-4:00pm
Audience: Open to all
Learn how to recognize someone in crisis, practical skills for initiating a conversation, and making the appropriate referral to CAPS. The 2-hour workshop is open to staff, faculty, and students. Register at bit.ly/rucampusconnectfall2020. Contact Nikita Correa email@example.com for more information.
Tuesdays at 5.30- 6.15
Thursdays at 12. 30 – 1. 15.
You can sign onto the classes with the Rutgers Rec app
RUREC2GO > fitness and wellness classes > scroll down to find Mindfulness Meditation.
When you register, the Zoom link will be provided for you.
Students may also reach out to the following resources for support:
- NJ Hopeline: 1-855-654-6735
- Crisis Text Line: Text KNIGHTS to 741741 (anytime 24/7), Text STEVE for unmet mental health needs of students of color.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 (TALK)
If you are having a lifethreatening emergency and/or the 3 main COVID-19 symptoms of:
1) high fever, 2) difficulties breathing, and 3) coughing, please call 9-1-1 and/or go immediately to your nearest ER.
Free Self-Help Mindfulness Meditation Exercises (MP3)
Self help resources: http://health.rutgers.edu/education/self-help/
During regular business hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.), call CAPS at 848-932-7884 and ask to speak to the on-call counselor.
For crises outside these hours or on university holidays follow the prompt to “speak to a counselor immediately” to access a crisis counselor.
Other 24/7 options:
In Middlesex County call Acute Psychiatric Services (APS) 855-515-5700
Within NJ: NJ Hopeline at 855-654-6735
Get support via text by texting “KNIGHTS” to 741741 – available 24/7
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL) at 800-273-TALK (8255). (This service can be reached from anywhere in the country; available 24/7)
Let’s Talk informal consultations will remain open and are offered only by phone as indicated on health.rutgers.edu/dropin. If you would like to schedule an appointment for Let’s Talk during the designated drop-in hours or outside those hours, please call 848-932-7884, option 2. You do not need to be affiliated with one of these centers or locations to make use of this service.
Below, our community counselor Richard Carlson provided a number of resources links that you might find helpful.
You may also check CAPS social media sites for the latest updates:
Here are a few additional FREE resources that might be helpful.
- Self-Help Mindfulness Meditation Exercises (5-15 minutes- MP3 audios and videos) offered by Rutgers Student Health
- Academic Help: Online Peer tutoring, academic coaching, writer assistance, study groups, and learning assistant programs offered by Rutgers Learning Services
- 3 brief skills videos focused on ways to manage stress by Dr. S Rizvi, www.dbt.rutgers.edu & illustration by J. Finkelstein www.talkgood.org
- Helpline for confidential emotional support for those worried and anxious about COVID-19 by calling 1-866-202-HELP (4357) from 8am-8pm, M-F. This is not a crisis hotline. Offered by Mental Health Association of NJ
- Live Virtual Workshops offered by Mental Health Association of NJ
Rutgers Recreation Classes Live Streamed Daily
NEW! The September virtual fitness class schedule is here!
View the full class schedule here
Stay motivated with Rec On Demand!
Access classes anytime.
Please check back weekly. We will be adding more videos to our collection.